After a long time I have decided to build my own blog. This is the very first post in what I am hoping will become a regular outlet for me. I guess as part of my first post let me tell you a bit about me and a lot about what this blog is about. My own history really doesn't matter much to any topic that will be discussed on this blog. What you do need to know is that I am in my late 20's and soon to complete a BS in CS. I have worked a programmer for the past decade and love to teach. That's about as much information that is relevant for the website.
So what is this blog is about? Well, there are a few parts:
- Blog Posts. These are the blog posts I will write from time to time. These include and are not limited to links to articles with my thoughts about them. Interesting problems I encounter and hopefully have solved. Random stumbled upon facts and other bunch of text as I see fit.
- Courses. I have gone through college more the once in a sense. There is a basic structure in which anyone can learn to program and enjoy a computer for more than just Facebook. For example I might have course 0: introduction to a pc and course 1: introduction to programming. Keep in mind that I might have different versions of each course. For example course 1 might be offered in python or in java. So each will get there own unique section.
- Articles. This is sort of off topics ideas I research from time to time and do not belong to an idea in particular. An example would be if I wrote how to sum up the numbers from 1-999 that are divisible by 3 or 5.
- Hardware. I will admit I have a soft spot for hardware, sometimes more than code. These will be the ardiuno and raspberry pi type posts. I will try to get all my experimentation online as I can.
- Cheat Sheets. This is my own personal sort lists of stuff I always look up. Things like how-to do this in terminal or the regular expression to validate email.
- Links. Like the title may hint, these are links to off-site pages I find good to know about.
This is not a limited list. As I see it now, it's a good start for what I want to do. As time goes, we will see how well this structure is. My guess is that by the time the site grows, this structure will change and evolve. It is still good to know where to start. See, knowing where to start is often the problem. It took me a while to get this far, and there is still so much I would like to do. But that is another topic for another day. In the mean time, what is here will have to do.